These policies govern the administrative aspects of the DeLand School of THE BIBLE.
A revision log is included at the bottom of this page.
Types of students
1. Attending students
2. Correspondence students
Types of classes
2. Church Service
Tuition Refunds and Credit
1. If a student signs up for a Church Service class, and then is unable to take that class, a full tuition credit may be received up until the day before the first scheduled exam. The tuition credit may be applied toward either of the next two semesters. If the tuition credit is not used by the second semester, then it is forfeited.
2. If a student signs up for a Classroom class, and then is unable to take that class, a full tuition credit may be received until the sermon audio links are distributed. Once the sermon audio links are distributed, the student is considered formally enrolled in that class and tuition credit cannot be given.
3. If the student’s circumstances are such that a tuition refund rather than tuition credit is needed, that will be decided by the pastor on a case-by-case basis.
Transfer from Correspondence to Attending status
Much of what a Bible School graduate needs to learn cannot be learned from a book or from listening to audio recordings. Attending students participate in a wide variety of ministry activities, and their character is carefully observed; that cannot apply to Correspondence students. For that reason, a student may not transfer from Correspondence to Attending status with all class credit transferring over.
1. No more than six classes taken as a Correspondence student may be transferred if the student changes to an Attending student.
2. If there are extenuating circumstances, the student may send a detailed letter to the pastor and deacon board of THE BIBLE Baptist Church requesting an exception to allow a greater number of classes to transfer. Approval is only given in very rare and unusual circumstances.
02/05/2015 – Original issue